CloudAmp Founder David Hecht’s Marketing Presentation at Dreamforce
November 12, 2013 Leave a comment
CloudAmp Founder David Hecht will be giving a talk on online marketing tactics at Salesforce’s annual Dreamforce conference, Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM in the Hilton SF Union Square, Community Success Zone Theater.
The presentation, entitled “Which Half is Wasted? AppExchange Marketing Best Practices” draws on David’s 18 years of marketing experience to provide an overview of marketing strategy and tactics for driving online signups and app sales.
As part of the Partner User Groups sessions, David will focus his advice toward the ISV community working to promote Salesforce apps, but the tips and tactics will be broadly applicable to marketers of any product or service with an Internet presence. The 30 minute presentation will be divided into two sections, with topics to include:
AppExchange Marketing Tactics
- Challenges of AppExchange Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Tracking your traffic (UTM codes and Google Analytics)
- Blogging (It takes too much time but you have to do it)
- Social Media (Be part of the conversation when it makes sense)
- Automated Lead Followup (Use the tools Salesforce gives you)
- Outbound Phone Calls (Does Sales follow up make sense for you?)
- Pros and Cons of Advertising
- Google Adwords (Not just for conversions but for research)
- Social Media Advertising (Linkedin, Facebook enable amazing targeting)
- Retargeting (Remind people who got distracted without signing up)
- Other Strategies (Email marketing, Vertical Sites, Directories and more)
There will be time for questions during as well as after the brief presentation. If you are coming to Dreamforce this year, please come by and say hello.